Know that your business is safe, compliant, and running smoothly.
HR laws (both state and federal) are changing constantly, so having a team of certified HR professionals to keep you up-to-date on these changes is very important to the success and growth of your company. It saves you the headache of having to worry about being compliant and save you time, so you can focus on growing your bottom line.
- I-9 Compliance and Audits
- Management of E-Verify Program
- Training on Correct Hiring Practices
- Updates on changes in immigration rules for employers
Employee Management Compliance
- Employee files maintenance
- PHR and SPHR licensed professionals to assist you with decisions
- Labor law attorneys on retainer
- Regulatory/Policy updates newsletter
- EEO Compliance: Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws prohibit discrimination against applicants and workers due to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- HIPAA Compliance: Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy and Security Rules protect health information privacy and patient confidentiality of employees and their beneficiaries in group health plans.
- OSHA Compliance: The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) establishes and enforce workplace safety and health standards. Employers are responsible for maintaining a safe workplace by adhering to all OSHA safety and health regulations.
- COBRA Compliance: The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) requires companies to extend subsidized health insurance for an interim period in the event of termination, reduction of hours or other eligible incidents.
- ERISA Compliance: The Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) establishes minimum standards for retirement, health and other welfare benefit plans for companies that offer these plans.
Employee Tax Requirements
Focus HR assumes responsibility and liability for payment of wages and compliance with rules and regulations governing the reporting and payment of federal and state taxes on wages paid to its employees. By assuming this liability, Focus HR accelerates the reporting and payment of taxes.
Federal and State Law Compliance
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (“ADEA”)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”)
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended (Equal Employment Opportunity laws) (“EEO”)
- Equal Pay Act (“EPA”)
- Consumer Credit Protection Act (“CCPA”)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”)
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (“COBRA”)
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (“ERISA”)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”)
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (“GINA”)
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (“PPACA” or the “Healthcare Reform Act”)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”)
- Immigration Reform and Control Act (“IRCA”)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (“OSHA”)
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (“USERRA”)
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (“WARN”)